Chief Holistic Beautifier
Jessica Devon Nelson
I have been in the spa industry for 24 years and a practicing esthetician for 19.Through my experience with working at other spas in Austin and Houston, I decided the most holistic approach to skin care called to me more than chemically laden products and pushy retail tactics. Esty Skin Studio was then formed in 2008 to practice pure skin care in a small, comfortable setting. An intimate look at nutrition and lifestyle to solve skin’s woes and fight the signs of aging can easily be found in nature instead of a chemistry lab. After all of these years, I still find so much fulfillment in educating clients on how certain lifestyle factors and the chemicals they come across can not just effect their complexion, but also their general vibrance on life.
I’m very passionate about herbal healing, learning more about the microbiome as well as Ayurvedic philosophies to better the skin. My current project is our in house apothecary skin care line, Petals & Clay.
Jessica Nelson’s Credentials:
- Emulsifiers and Preservatives Intensive by Herbal Academy of New England
- Wildflower School Of Botanical Medicine with Nicole Telkes, Stephanie Berry, Carla Vargas-Frank.
- Reiki level I & II attunement by Gabriella Espinosa of Pure Soul Alchemy.
- Attended the respected San Jacinto College in Houston under the coveted instruction of Mary Ellen Gardner.
- Attended every class taught by Becky Stodder of Pevonia. Including Speed Waxing Techniques, Bridal Makeup Application, Microdermabrasion, Shiatsu Facial Massage.
- Obtained full certification of Sothys Paris from Lacy Gill of Correlations while working at Beautique in Houston, Texas.
- Jane Iredale certified Make up Artist
- Yonka Paris certified esthetican out of Los Angeles, California.
- Glo Minerals certified Make up Artist
- Lead Esthetician at Dolce Vita Day Spa in Riveroaks (Houston), Texas
- CIDESCO USA Facial Analysis instruction by Pat Lam
- CIDESCO USA Facial Massage and Makeup instruction by Lydia Sarfati
- Lead Esthetician and Trainer for milk + honey spa in Austin, Texas
- Founder and Advanced Educator for Austin Radiance
- Trained Facialist Instructor
- Skin care lines Jessica has worked with: Acute-derm, Yonka, MALIN+GOETZ, Cosmedix, Dermalogica, Decleor, DDF, Eminence, Guinot, Medicalia, Pevonia, Skin Ceuticals, Sothys, Hylunia, Naturopathica.